Your Venture's Unfair Advantage

10 Resources
  1. Professional Network: I have a LinkedIn with many business connections along with some connections that I made through the "Growing Your Social Network" activity.
  2. Educated Personnel: As the CEO of the company, I am educated in that I have almost completed my bachelor's degree in marketing at the University of Florida. This is valuable since I will have the most up-to-date business knowledge that will help me in making future business decisions.
  3. Experienced Personnel: I also have experience working in a corporate environment through my prior summer internship. This is valuable in that I will already have an idea of what is needed to run a business successfully before launching my own.
  4. Financial Capital: I have a decent amount of money saved from my past summer internship. This will be helpful in creating and launching my product.
  5. Creativity: I have a good eye for art and design, This will be valuable for marketing the product and in creating an app that is more visually appealing than those of our competitors (Uber and Lyft).
  6. Human-Centric Approach: The human-centric approach to our service gives us an edge over out competitors, Uber and Lyft, since they have been known to have inconsistent quality of drivers/service.
  7. Safer Option: Our product is designed to assure that riders will have a safe, comfortable, and predictable experience. By hiring only female drivers, we will hopefully be receiving less sexual assault complaints than Uber and Lyft have been receiving. 
  8. Technologically Savvy Personnel: I have great experience with technology, especially with software like Microsoft Word. This will be valuable since a lot of modern-day business revolves around such technology and not every company has members of upper management who are completely immersed in technology due to being born before it was prominent in business.
  9. Communication Skills: I am experienced and comfortable with professional communication, both written and oral. This will help in day-to-day operations, since a lot of business revolves around speaking with people.
  10. Passion: I am passionate about the idea and making the business successful. This is valuable since not all companies have employees that are as dedicated to their mission.
Top Resource
I believe that my top resource is my professional network. Having several experienced, trustworthy individuals who would be willing to help me out in my own business ventures by giving tips and assistance is immeasurably valuable and thus I see it as the most important. 

Comments

  1. Hey Katherine,
    Having a good professional network is invaluable and can definitely be your most prized resource. I think that having connections in business from a professional network is one of the most important thing for a businessperson to have because it can grant u opportunities that you would normally never have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katherine,

    I thought some of your resources were great aspects of your potential business. A lot of entrepreneurs will focus on their human capital, or personal abilities. However, your emphasis on actual business needs, such as financial capital, or technologically savvy employees are very important to the success of a firm. Also the emphasis on customer service will set your business apart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts