What's Next?

Existing Market 
Perhaps what's next for my business is a sister service that is the complete opposite of the current one: a rideshare service with all male drivers for riders who would feel more comfortable with one for whatever reason.
Through my interviews, I did not garner much interest in that idea. They simply could not see why anyone would need such a service, since it does not have a goal like "stopping sexual assault" like the initial idea does. They do not see much potential for a new product/service from my venture, since it is already such a niche idea.
Going forward, I think what makes most sense for my venture is focusing on our initial idea. The only real changes that I see being made are updates to our technology to make it more personalized to consumers and modern. For example, we could add a feature to allow riders to "Favorite" drivers so that they are more likely to be placed with them or can call on them in a direct manner.
New Market
Perhaps I could target men, since my initial idea is definitely geared toward women and girls. I think my idea would create value for people in this market since they would be getting a more personalized, safe ride.
The two men that I interviewed had neutral feelings about my idea. They do not really care about the gender of their rideshare drivers--they just want a quick, cheap, and convenient service. They did say that they would consider using the service for ordering rides for their female loved ones, though.
I was not surprised by these findings. My product idea is very feminine, and thus I do not expect men to be interested in it for their own personal use. Perhaps a marketing campaign geared towards men that puts the idea of using the service for ordering rideshare rides for their female loved ones could be successful, but I still do not see this new market being as attractive as the existing market.

Comments

  1. Hey Katherine,
    I think your new market targeted towards men is a good idea because it would broaden you company's horizon. I think that men would be interested in your company because I am interested in it. I think that more options are a good thing for any market and will draw customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katherine,

    Your idea regarding the marketing campaign towards men is very smart. When I first heard about your idea, I didn’t really see an application for myself. However, once you spoke about using the service for female loved ones, it seemed like a great idea. This campaign is smart because it allows you to appeal to a new market without changing your product.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts