Celebrating Failure
On most Sundays and Thursdays this semester, I failed to not procrastinate and do my work for this class early. Instead, I would have to break my normal sleep schedule (I usually sleep in very late, especially now that all classes are online) to wake up early the next morning to do my work before the 12:00PM deadline. This would result in a lot of frustration, stress, and likely lower quality work on some assignments. I learned that in order to avoid such a predicament, I need to procrastinate less. I could probably do this by establishing a routine that has me complete the work in the days before the due date.
I think that failure is hard to deal with in the moment, but can be constructive in the long run. It allows us to reflect upon our mistakes so that we can become better in the future. Behaviorally, I handle failure pretty well, since I learned this lesson early on due to riding and showing horses competitively. Thus, my view of failure has a learning experience has only been reinforced by this class.
Katherine,
ReplyDeleteI also have a hard time with sleeping in too much and procrastinating too long. I think your idea of a routine is neat and would help lessen the procrastination we seem to both endure. I agree that failure is hard to deal with as it is happening, and in the end it ends up being a great tool for learning. If only we didn't have to fail ever, we would know what that would be like...but everyone and their mother fail at one point or another.
Hey Katherine,
ReplyDeleteI also have experienced a similar predicament in this course. I have found it easy to wait until the last possible point in time to complete these assignments. However, with the reading reflections, I learned to start those 1 week in advance, and my stress has gone down significantly. This course requires a lot of deep thinking, which is a real world requirement of entrepreneurs.