Halfway Reflection
1) What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
- Due to the course's deadlines being at 12PM, I have had to set alarms to wake me up "early" to do work if I had not already completed it in the days before.
- I have been thoughtful in creating my posts in that I often do research online in order to give satisfactory answers.
2) Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
- I thought about completely disregarding the Elevator Pitch assignment. Putting out a video of myself pitching an imaginary company idea was unsettling to me and seemed like a lot of work for just a few points in a class, but I ended up forcing myself out of my comfort zone to do so.
- I do feel like I have developed a more tenacious attitude throughout these past two months, but I definitely think I have more work to do.
3) Three tips:
- Keep up with the deadlines by keeping up with due dates and finding a schedule of completing work that fits your lifestyle.
- Put effort into the assignments, no matter how mundane they may seem; they are here to help you learn.
- Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone; your peers are supportive and it is not worth losing points to miss an assignment.

Hey Ellen,
ReplyDeleteI agree with all the points you made about the class so far. Staying on top of the assignments is key especially when they're due in the afternoons on friday rather than midnight. I admire that even though you didn't want to initially post the elevator pitch, you pushed through and did even though it is very bold to post a minute-long video of yourself in a public blog because I felt the same way. Good assessment of the course so far!